Have a question? We have answers!
GENERAL HOMECOMING FAQs
1.Where can I find the schedule for the weekend’s events? The full mobile-friendly schedule is available online and will also be available at registration during check-in on Saturday.
2. Is there a cost to attend? There are only a few events that have a cost:
- Falcon Fun Run- $10 (includes t-shirt)
- Live Color 5K- $15 (includes t-shirt)
- Dining Coupons- Ranging from $8-$15 per person (Kids 3 & Under Free)
3. What is there for kids to do? We have several events designed just for the little ones including the Oakes Museum Craft & Tour (10:00-4:00pm), Instrument Petting Zoo (12:00pm) and the Li’l Falcon Zone (12:30-4:00pm).
4. What is the Falcon Fun Run and the Live Color Run?
- The more competitive of the two races, the Fun Run is a timed run. It contains mostly wide trails and will show off the natural autumn beauty of campus! This race begins at 9:00am. in the Starry Athletic Complex.
- The Color Run is a noncompetitive run/walk event around Messiah’s campus with your family and friends. Kids & adults of all ages are welcome! This race begins at 10:00am. in the Starry Athletic Complex.
- Check-in/Registration for both events: Starry Fields (by the Falcon Hut)- 8:30am
- Each runner must check in to sign a waiver (copies will be available on-site)
5. What happens if it rains? While most events are indoors and will not be affected by rain, we will be sure to post all weather related changes and updates to our Homecoming webpage, as well as our alumni Facebook page, Twitter accounts using the hash tag #MessiahHomecoming.
6. Where can I eat? The Union Café, The Falcon Café, Café Diem, The Falcon Hut, Food Truck Vendors and the Lottie Nelson Dining Hall.
- While all dining facilities are open to guests throughout the weekend, our Homecoming Dining Plan will provide you with the best value (valid only on 10/19/19).
- Lunch (includes lunch in Lottie & snack in Falcon/Union): $8/person (kids 3 & under free)
- Dinner (includes dinner in Lottie & snack in Falcon/Union): $10/person (kids 3 & under free)
- Lunch & Dinner (includes both meals in Lottie & 2 snacks in Falcon/Union): $15/person (kids 3 & under free)
Several events also include light refreshments or drinks. You are also welcome to grab food off campus at one of the many local restaurants.
7. Can I take advantage of the Dining Plan if I did not prepay? Yes, dining plans can be purchased at check-in but are valid only on 10/19/19
8. What qualifies as a snack on the meal plan? Jumbo Cookie or Fresh Fruit in the Falcon or Union.
9. What are the dining hours of operation?
- The Falcon: 9 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Union Café: 10 a.m. – Midnight (Lunch Service begins at 11:00 a.m.)
- Café Diem: 10 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- Lottie Brunch: 8 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Lottie Dinner: 4:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
10. Will the bookstore be open? Yes, the bookstore will be open from 10am-6pm.